Thursday, August 24, 2006

Peppers


Peppers always seem to do well here no matter
what you do to them...or don't do.
If they are in the sun or the shade
it doesn't matter.
This is one habanero plant we have.
There's what...11 ripe peppers on there?

Heres a chili pepper plant.
They were on the patio till my son decided it was
a good idea to pick them and eat them
...no matter what mom said.
Now they are just kind of hiding behind the holly bushes.

And they just keep coming.
Its too bad I don't like hot food.
Well...except for my crawfish and boiled peanuts.

Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger r r s said...

I didn't water our peppers enough this year, and it was really hot, so they all died. I LOVE hot food, so it's pretty disappointing to me.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Carol Michel said...

So, who's eating the hot food? Those habeneros are especially "deadly hot"! Nice pictures.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

My husband loves hot food. But I guess he won't be eating these peppers.
He found out he has an ulcerated esophagus Thursday. Figures.

It turned out there were 16 ripe habaneros on that plant!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Okay, I'm up for jalapenos and poblanos, but habaneros? Your husband can have all of those. They really are beautiful, Amy!

Our peppers are stressed, but my friends kept the plants alive when we were gone - maybe we'll do okay in fall.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Memory Lane said...

Yummy! I am basically drooling out her just looking at those green peppers. I am imagining 'Tom Yum Goong!

1:26 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Tom Yum Goong?
Is it sort of a hot and sour soup?
I love anything to do with limes or lemons but the peppers I can do with out! :)

6:10 AM  
Blogger Memory Lane said...

Yeah, it's a hot soup & you may also add some lemon if you wish to! This is my all-time favorite Thai soup. I also love to make a spicy Chicken Adobo with green hot peppers!:-) Have a nice weekend!

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home